Wednesday, October 17, 2007

fool-proof fool.

my brother is moving down to southern california the first of november, and my sister and mother are driving down to help him. this would be the first time my mom would be coming down to visit since michael and i got married. we saw her and my dad last august when we drove up to oregon for our vacation.

so, i am trying to keep our apartment as clean and cute as possible. why? so that my mom can see the capable and (definitely) grown-up woman i have become. so she can see how well i tackle work and wifehood and responsibility. OF COURSE. how have i thought to achieve this? well, i bought scented candles and watered and rearranged my plants. i bought two pilgrim figurines that look uncannily like my parents. also, my idea is to keep the light really soft and dull so she doesn't see the mysterious stains on the dining room carpet.

i am confident about my plan.

2 comments:

Lauren S. said...

In my experience, moms tend to be rather forgiving of their daughter's carpet stains, and are usually quite glad just to see us happy.

Either way, it's a grand plan, that I'm sure won't let you down. Besides you have a very lovely, comfy and inviting dwelling place, and nothing to worry about.

Thomas Ham said...

i can get you a carpet shampooer for a few days before they arrive.