Tuesday, May 4, 2010

let's have a picnic....

i have no clothes that fit! with the lil' one i'm more limited on budget than ever, which is unfortunate because i'm a different shape now after giving birth. my maternity clothes are too big and my pre-pregnancy shirts and jackets are too tight for my chest, even my beloved trench coat that i've been hoping to fit back into. oh well, i'm just going to have to get creatively thrifty. accessories can go a long way you know!

i love anthropologie. if budget weren't an issue, i'd love to go crazy in there. so, here's my dream outfit for today:


a cute dress.... (perfect for picnics i think!)
with a flowery bag....
little yellow sandals....
& a bright scarf.
don't forget the perfume! i love flowery/citrus scents :)

6 comments:

Maria Nichole Ham said...

That dress looks like it'd be "sew easy" to make! I'm having a clothes crunch too. All of my regular shirts are getting really short and if I'm not careful I walk around with my elastic waistbands hanging out. :P

Lucy said...

I, too, know the feeling- unfortunately!

Val. said...

if my time wasn't limited today, I would totally photoshop you in that cute outfit. :)

Brandi said...

four and half months later the bottoms fit but man those tops! isn't it fun to watch the scale go down though?

Xenia Kathryn said...

Waiting for the weight to go back down is so tough... I've probably spent too much money doing postpartum Goodwill sprees, in desperate search for "SOMETHING" that at least fits! Even after the weight in gone, I found that nothing really fit "right" anymore, as my body had just changed so much. This is how Moms get sucked into "Mom Clothes" (nothing wrong with comfy, elastic-waist, big t-shirts and stuff, though, right?! :D), but you're so stylish, I doubt that'll happen to you.

Vain as it may be, I find I'm unable to look at old pictures of my pre-baby belly/ body without weeping a little inside. Hehehe. I'm so glad for the trade-off, though!

Lauren S. said...

ha ha...that'd be a cute churching outfit too!! :)

and yeah, I know how you feel. yesterday i saw an old picture of me from ten years ago...in my lifeguard swim suit. you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone! :) but hey - the cute babies totally make up for it! :D