Wednesday, October 26, 2011

the part i like least about being a mother is....

....lately i feel like the world's biggest bully. i avoid conflict by nature but it's getting harder these days.

"no jumping on the couch.  if you don't stop you'll have to play by yourself on the floor.  1.... 2.... 3.... okay, sorry. no more couch!" (whining)

"joey! no barking! you bark again during audrey's nap and your voicebox is mine!" (sulking)

"audrey, get your hand out of your pants.  no nakeds today.  i said no babe (grabs hands) we don't do that." (whining)

"no, i already settled on making this for supper.  i don't have time to make that." (sulking)

"we don't play with mama's stove, it's not a toy. no climbing. if you don't stop you'll have to leave the kitchen." (whining)



4 comments:

Mimi said...

Yeah, that is parenting. It shakes us to our very core, often.
Hugs and love. Prayers.

Maria Ham said...

Women will be saved through childbirth :)
I'm starting the early phases of this...as you saw on tuesday ;)

X.K. Tussing said...

It's official-- you're a mom :D

Lord have mercy! I've never prayed more in my life... that's for sure.

Nora said...

I know it has been very difficult with the boys...seems like most everything is a battle anymore (they are 8.5 and 10 now.) Once when Peter said to me..how come you always have to say No..and I responded, how come you always ask me things that I have to say No to?

Love You Jen:)