Friday, May 16, 2008

sweet, sweet freedumb.

i had my final appointment with the doctor this morning regarding my molar pregnancy. whoo hoo! i'm negative for any tumors which means i'm finished with the weekly blood tests and check-ups and waiting for the results. i'm still on my doctor's orders to wait four more months before trying for another baby and that's okay, for now. i'm sure in a few weeks i'll get the "baby-eyes" again and start wandering the baby section in target until michael finds me and sweetly pulls me away. also i'll probably be so busy fixing the new house and sewing curtains i won't even have any time to think of babies. that's what i'm hoping anyway.

speaking of our adorable fixer house, michael and i walked through home depot on tuesday and i wanted to buy everything and take it all home. so many (and sometimes overwhelming) choices! i think i'm going to tackle paint options first, i'm thinking of olive green for the exterior trim and nice light calming colors inside: sage for the kitchen, robin's egg blue for one of the bathrooms and maybe a creamy yellow for the other. michael loves wood paneling and wants to install some in the loft, so you can imagine how excited he was to find out it's only $16.95 a sheet! also, i found some great shutters for $27.95 a pair! niiiiiice!

i'd like to buy a juicer to make fresh lemonade from the lemon trees in the backyard, but i'm wondering what other recipes i could use with lemons. any ideas? anyone? (lauren???) :o)

11 comments:

Mimi said...

He he, I always tell clients homeownership completely changes your relationship with Home Depot.

And, congratulations, I'm so glad to hear you've gotten the "all clear"

Kaleena said...

Hey, I know you said you read Domino so you may have heard of it before but, I just wanted to recommend Design Sponge to you as a source of decorating fun.

Val. said...

aw this is such a great bloggy.
1) very happy your momma body is doing better...i think i should make you up a green bunting & embroider "da lima bean" ...coolest kid to ever leave da 'spidal ...wait, didn't come out right.

2) what lovely colors, your house will be the cutest on the block --i can say this because I've Google-street viewed 'em. ;)

3) lemon bars, lemon pubs --uh i mean...interestingly, I made a yummy orange cake last night. i know yours would be a bit more sour but hey, sugar is our friend...um well no, i take that back, sugar makes us fatties actually.

Mrs. Ham said...

Oh I forgot to tell you!!!! Don't order anything (Cabinet wise) until you've spoken to Barbara Ball, from church...She works in the kitchen/cabinet area as a consultant/designer. It would be worth a shot to see if she could pass along some kind of discount, or even good advice.

We love home depot too, and lowes.

Anonymous said...

Yay for the end of the molar pregnancy! I am so glad to hear you are trough with that.

Dad and I liked the cabinets at Lowe's best for price and having them in-stock but I think Builder's Emporium is similiar. They sure look the same inside.

Okay, Lemon chicken, Lemon cake, Lemons on baked salmon & fish, sliced lemons for teas and lemonades. Lemon zest adds a kick to sugar cookies or can be sprinkled in lots of baking or jelly recipes. I always put it in cranberry sauce, for example.

Love, Mom ><>

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you're OK (and have the go ahead in four months ...)!

I can't even imagine the pressure from having to choose cabinets. We're trying to pick out floor tiles for our bathroom and it's overwhelming!

Two things: Lemon-poppyseed crisps and Lemon Shaker Pie. Mmmmm.

Lauren S. said...

me???? for lemon advice? you're so sweet. i second (or third?) lemon bars. or use it to make your own fresh salad dressing.

yippee for the good news!! Glory to God!

and i agree with what mimi said about home depot and home ownership. can't wait to give you a squeeze tomorrow at church!

b said...

hey lady! my parents have an acre of citrus tress (my dad is cheap and wanted to get the agricultural rate for water!) anyways... i am like the queen of recipes for this stuff because i hate wasting produce. you can put lemon on everything! i will have to hand you a list of things in person... also! in martha stewarts may magazine she talked about lemons... we get two issues at my house because my mom forgot i already had a subscription so i can give you one of our extra copies:)

b said...

hey lady! my parents have an acre of citrus tress (my dad is cheap and wanted to get the agricultural rate for water!) anyways... i am like the queen of recipes for this stuff because i hate wasting produce. you can put lemon on everything! i will have to hand you a list of things in person... also! in martha stewarts may magazine she talked about lemons... we get two issues at my house because my mom forgot i already had a subscription so i can give you one of our extra copies:)

b said...

i have no idea why that was posted twice.. sorry!

Chuck said...

two things:

1) uhhh,,, i like never comment here, ever! i'm such a bad blog-friend! i only get around to reading all my friends blogs in one go-round at the end of the month. sorry! anyway- Lemony things or lemony scents.

2) "Eeeevvviiilll will always triumph, because good is dumb." (in Darth Vader voice, with squeaky Rick Moranis overtones)