Monday, July 28, 2008

mmmmmm sodium...

so this evening as i was sitting on the couch with my pillow and my dog, struggling with morning sickness, michael and i were discussing what to eat for dinner. lately i've been craving a lot of fruit, (smoothies usually sound pretty good) and although i was hungry, nothing sounded good tonight. pasta? (ugh.) pizza? (double ugh.) cheeseburgers? (ugh... don't even mention them!) michael jokingly suggested panda express but i instantly agreed! yes! panda express! the thought of panda express suddenly killed the morning sickness and i realized how starved i was. the sudden craving took both michael and i by surprise but the orange chicken, chow mein and beef & broccoi were SOOOOOOOO good! i love panda food.

i can't really complain too much, my morning sickness hasn't been so bad. i usually get nauseous in the afternoons but it doesn't last very long and i haven't thrown up yet. that could always change within a few days though. also, i feel lightheaded when i move too suddenly and i get annoying headaches. i believe it's all worth it though. :)

the best part is how supportive michael has been to me. he brought me flowers this morning "just because" and "he wanted to make me happy." it's hard NOT to be happy when i'm married to such a great guy.

8 comments:

b said...

pregnant people are fun.. you are talking to them one minute and the next they throw up like the movies.

erin* said...

Michael is sweet. I hope your sickness isn't too bad, although from what I hear it goes away. So that's nice. And kids are great, so it is definitely worth it!

Val. said...

it's always lovely to read a blog speaking about puking and! chinese food, but has nothing to do with food poisoning. :) you're a lucky momma.

Anonymous said...

I craved chinese food, too. :) I remember sending your dad out to find some once ... I think it was in the yukon, hehehe

Love, Mom ><>

Mimi said...

When you have a craving, you have to go for it.

Anonymous said...

mmm ... orange chicken, chow mein noodles and spring rolls ... you're making ME crave Panda Express. I love that place ... but the closest one is an hour away :(

I'm glad you're feeling good, despite the queeze. Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Roast beef and mashed potatoes...that's the first thing Michael just had to have while in my tummy!

I love reading how you appreciate my son (who is so much like his dad).

Love Ya!
Mom Baker

Xenia Kathryn said...

Chinese food was a big turn-off for me during my first pregnancy. On my way to work, I use to have to walk by two Asian food restaurants, too! Oh... the nausea!

But I enjoy it now. Too bad I NEVER think to eat it unless it's a fasting season. Oh well. Sure sounds good right now!

OH, and yeah, live it up while you can :D