Tuesday, July 1, 2008

i am an idiot.

i went to target today with a view to find a gift for a friend. not finding anything i liked, i decided to walk over to the garden center to see if there were any nice flowers instead. you know, just to loooook. i ended up leaving with the largest hydrangea bush i could carry and no gift. i am an idiot, it didn't occur to me where i was actually going to put it! (oooh lacey, your "gardener's anonymous" blog had no affect on me...) in my defense, i didn't realize how big the hydrangea was until i set it in the back of my car and by then it was too late to change my mind. :) seriously, i think once i took it out from between it's brethren, it claimed it's new freedom by stretching out it's branches. it looked a lot smaller in the nursery.



surprisingly, it fits outside a lot better than i thought it would. i've already set one of the blooms in a vase for the coffee table and michael said it was smaller than he had pictured it, so i guess that means it gets to stay. i'm still an idiot though.


this picture does not do justice for it's size, i'm pretty sure most of the blooms are as big as my head. notice joey's disapproving look in the background.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

I love hydrangeas, and would never begrudge anyone one.

It's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful hydrangea! I can see how big it is when I look at how small Joey looks in the background. Good choice.
Love ya!
Mom Baker

Val. said...

it almost looks like it's doing that LOTR film trick where 2 actors of equal heights stand 5 feet away from each other so the hobbity one looks smaller....but it's not, is really is that huge next to the coffee table eh? at least you got the prettiest one. :) I must admit, those hydras are quite tempting, I think they beg us like puppies in a shop window.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny, i's beautiful! And hydrangeas can do so well as container plants, so who cares whether you bought it or not?

Lauren S. said...

I love hydrangeas. Jason bought me one for Mother's Day, but it looks so sad compared to your magnificent blooming beauty! Enjoy! How could you call yourself and idiot?