Monday, September 8, 2008

networking and note taking.


this morning i created a facebook account, much to the delight of my sister. so far i've found it very addicting and have been adding friends and updating like crazy all morning. dang. that's exactly why i didn't want a facebook account in the first place. i try to keep my online network addictions to a minimum, (which is why i've ignored my youtube and goodreads.com accounts) so my total now is three: myspace, facebook and blogger... (unless you count flickr, which i don't because i use it only to store my photos and that totally does not count.) i do admit that i've found facebook to be more mature than myspace and i have not yet been asked if i would like to know what my kissing score is or if i would like to buy rihanna's latest ringtone.

i'm happy to say that i am the new church secretary for our parish! i start wednesday and am only working two days a week but it's a paid position, something i didn't know when i volunteered but am happy about none the less. thanks so much erin, you carry one heckuva recommendation! i was also all set to start substitute work again this morning but did not receive any calls. i'll take it as a sign that i should use my time to clean the house instead, (something that really needs doing) that is if i can ever successfully will myself away from the computer.

8 comments:

la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

Congratulations on the new position.
We're only waiting for the call to blow up the air mattress.

Xenia Kathryn said...

I'm very resistant to joining Facebook... even though I know I'll cave in one of these days. It's just so overwhelmingly social... I kinda like ghetto little myspace. Well, minus the horrid ads. :P

Hey, enjoy the new job! Very cool :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job! I haven't joined myspace or facebook, one because I don't have internet at home and feel bad about doing stuff like that at work (not blogging though, lol), and two because I'm nervous about seeing all those people we went to school with. Anxiety attack!

Mimi said...

Congratulations on the job! I'm on Facebook.

Lauren S. said...

I'm excited for you!

I've been ignoring facebook lately but I'll just have to go back on to become your friend. :)

b said...

i remember you saying you would never get a fb... but i knew those were all lies!

you will eventually feel conflicted and not know which account to delete because you will have fb friends and myspace friends and i wish everyone would just have one or the other because you have to use both for party updates and news ahhh!

anyways welcome! + you and michael should come to the mexican independence day party... it is part of my personal mission to educate white people who live in atzlan. that, + i thought it would be fun to have some sort of real life social networking: a dinner party:)

Val. said...

facebookians unite...yeah i dunno, I'm hyped up on gladness. :)

Val. said...

oh and by the way, that photo is fantastic. good job jenn.