Friday, September 25, 2009

oh boy (or girl!)



today i'm 11 weeks pregnant, and as you can probably guess, the bambino is about the size of a small lemon. i feel about the size of a small lemon tree but am surprisingly a pound lighter than i was at my doctor's appointment three weeks ago. it's probably all that throwing up i've been doing.... :)

we're pretty optimistic about this pregnancy, i've never been farther than five and a half weeks before. my doctor prescribed me daily shots of heparin which thins my blood enough for the baby to get all the nutrients and yummy chick-fil-a i've been consuming, (mmmmmmmm chick-fil-a!) on wednesday i was able to hear the heartbeat for the first time with the help of a midwife friend at church. it was just a beautiful and amazing thing to hear, especially since i never knew if i would ever hear one. it's truly something i will treasure all my life. it makes all the sickness and painful shots worth it. God has been so good to us!

14 comments:

TW said...

Huzzah! Praise the Lord! I'm so happy to hear your blessed news. We'll be praying for all of you from here!

Adrian Martinez said...

PRAISE GOD PRAISE GOD! man this makes me so happy. Sarah and I will be praying for you always. Love you both, I mean... you three.

Mimi said...

Whohooooooooooo! I suspected, grin!
My intensive prayers and love.

Xenia Kathryn said...

JENNY!!!

*swoon* I am so incredibly happy for you and Michael!


11 weeks-- you're almost out of your first trimester :D First heartbeat? What a beautiful moment.

Wish we had a chik-fil-a up here... MMMM.

God bless you; I'll keep you in my prayers!

Lacey said...

WHOO HOO! I bet your little lemon is so cute!

sherry said...

Oh, JOY!

Brandi said...

My baby must be related to your baby because we LOVE Chick-fil-a too!

Val. said...

way to go lemon baby! shall we get you yellow babythings? baby grapefruit, baby watermelon ...perhaps I'm going a bit far with it. :)

Kaleena said...

How exciting!

Unknown said...

Can't wait for the baby shower or to meet your little long awaited lemon. :)

Lauren S. said...

we're all routing and praying for the lemon baby!

jenny baker said...

thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Christy Sumerfield said...

This post brought tears to my eyes! I'm so VERY excited for you! You are going to be an amazing mother! (you already are :) God Bless you! Enjoy being pregnant (other than the morning sickness, I LOVED being pregnant). Take Care!!

Pete said...

My heart is all cozy for you guys....