Monday, March 22, 2010

i got the Bell's!

i always knew i was 1 in a 1,000,000!... or 2 in 10,000, medically speaking.

i caught bell's palsy on friday which causes your face to be partially paralyzed temporarily. it's caused by a virus that pinches a nerve in your forehead, causing partial paralysis on one side of the face for about 10 days to 3 weeks. just like the common cold it has no cure, so you just sort of let it run it's course. pregnant women are 4 times more likely to get it. thankfully i have a mild case.



audrey and i are fine as it's completely harmless, only just extremely odd looking. personally i think my smile is quite disarming, but the unblinking right eye and constant tearing, plus occasional drooling is sort of creepy. a doctor friend of ours said it helps to keep trying to use the affected muscles so i'm going to continue to smile my quasimodo smile. only if you see me at the grocery store or something, please don't react like my mother did when she saw me, ("hahaha look at her! she's not faking!!")

i'm supposing God has decided to teach me humility during these last few weeks of Lent, just in case the extra 30 pounds i'm packing just weren't doing it. :)

oh, and THIS!

it's sandal weather!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rock.

chris g-a

Mimi said...

Prayers.
I didn't know it was common during pregnancy.

Lucy said...

sad day!!!! hang in there!

jenny baker said...

actually mimi it's pretty rare, even in pregnancy. i'm just that special! :) however, since pregnancy immune systems are so low, they're just more likely to get it.

Nora said...

I'm glad your taking pictures...I'm sure you'll look back fondly...someday. Meanwhile...just put it on the list of all the other "strange" things that happen to your body while YOUR pregnant. is adopting looking better yet? Praying for you sweetie.

Lauren S. said...

oh! i didn't even notice on sunday...you're so beautiful! you really are one in a million! but sorry it happened to you. :(

Lacey said...

hehe. You look cute anyway :)

Unknown said...

I think so too!

excited about breakfast and a movie :)

Val. said...

hahaha that's so something mom would say! "...plus occasional drooling is sort of creepy" made me laugh, you funny girl. --look toes! do you miss them? you can spend time with them in about a month! yay.

jenny baker said...

my toes never went away, i'm quite flexible you know. i'm actually going to paint my toenails so they're pretty when i deliver. like little easter eggs!