Wednesday, September 15, 2010

g

i've been thinking of the environment and responsibility a lot lately, mostly because i want to teach audrey the importance of such things in her everyday life. i finally bought some gdiapers today that i'd been wanting for awhile. they're hybrid pocket covers that can be used with cloth or biodegradable liners. i've been using cloth during the days at home with a bummis cover but found the cloth bunching too much from audrey's constant need to move. she really is moving, leaning, wiggling, wobbling, bouncing, crawling and kicking constantly these days.

we finally traded in my '96 suzuki last weekend and bought a new prius. we've been very happy with it :) my grandpa van corbach has a first generation prius and still loves to tell everyone about what all the on board computers can do. when i see the motor switch from gas to electric i smile and think of him. i'm off to hug some trees now :)

i also recycle my used plastic bottles as baby toys :) har har

5 comments:

Nora said...

Yes...Your Grandpa was the first, even before it was fashionable. (I'm not so sure he was thinking about the environment as much as he was thinking about his pocketbook:) I'm envious for his Prius based on that issue alone! You will save so much on gas...that you can make road trips up to see us all the time now!

Maria Ham said...

LIKE!!!

Val. said...

priuses are cool but freak me out, all quiet and such.

Anonymous said...

Had fun reading about the gdiapers online and am so happy you were able to get some:) And I LOVE the Prius. So hard to believe such an incredible car can also be so "green". I admire all of your greeness.

Love ya,
mil

jenny baker said...

i promise not to secretly stalk you with my car val :)