Thursday, September 9, 2010

it's beginning again and....

....i'm feeling like it's time to bake something. autumn. i love autumn. i love the cool evenings, the fog, the smells, the crunch of dying leaves and yes, even the familiar itch of needing to bake. i think i've posted an "i love all things autumn" post every year since this blog's infancy. it usually happens after i get a little taste of cooler weather. yesterday was cool and cloudy all day. audrey was having a bad day & refusing her naps but i was left swooning over the weather and my fussy clingy baby. i saw halloween candy in vons, oh man that made my day too.

this picture is of laurelhurst park in portland, my favorite city park. i even love the name, laurelhurst. michael proposed to me on that hill two days before thanksgiving in 2005. i think he made me love autumn and thanksgiving even more, if that were possible.

i'm thinking brownies, peanut butter brownies.

3 comments:

Lucy said...

YES!!!!!!!!! I, too, am loving this weather! It was cloudy and breezy all day yesterday, and poured last night! The Summer heat has my permission to leave, and I won't miss one single thing about it! I'm glad that we both have our not so secret love affairs with Autumn! Oh yeah, let me know if you need my address...i LOVE brownies, especially peanut butter ones!

Val. said...

oh yeah, that is Laurelhurst. :) I'll havta go in a month or so and take a photo from this Autumn for ya. loves.

Brandi said...

maybe that's you and michael in the picture...