Monday, June 30, 2008

productive?


we may have another month (at the least) before we may be able to move into our new house. so, what do we do with our time before then? well, i haven't been called for work for the last three weeks, so meanwhile joey and i have been making the most of our sweet bonding time. a few times (including this morning) we have hit the dog park and ran errands together but mostly he just sleeps as i read or do housework. i expect to get more calls for work starting this week, tomorrow marks the start of the district's fiscal year and everyone will gain their new vacation/sick days. i feel bad because joey has gotten used to me be being home and i hope he doesn't take it personally when i start work again. i say that seriously too, joey often takes things personally. he's surprisingly quite an emotional little guy.

i'm naturally a very lazy person so it's very hard for me to not sit in front of the tv all day. (especially when there's such great programming on hgtv. i loves me some hgtv!) during my downtime i've kept up with tidying the house and have read sense and sensibility. i haven't read anything by jane austen before this but have always wanted to. last summer i read a biography on austen but it has taken me this long to actually pick up one of her novels. i'm thinking of starting the jungle by upton sinclair next but i'm open to any suggestions. :)



unfortunately, michael hasn't had as much free time as i have, he's clogged with reading and researching for his masters classes. there's piles of "school junk" on the kitchen table and i'm not completely certain which semester it's all from. it's hard not to feel bad for him, he has five hours of classes every thursday night and hours of homework every week. honestly, we'll both be doing a lot better after he's finished with school in the late fall. he'll finally get his life back and i'll finally have my husband (and kitchen table!) back.

3 comments:

sherry said...

Ha. It sounds like our lives (and most recent blog posts) are quite similar these days. I'm lacking fancy channels like HGTV and a doggy to keep me company, though :)

Anonymous said...

dang, I wish I hadn't been working for the past three weeks. Nope, around here it's been up at 4 a.m., to work by five a.m., come home sometime in late afternoon, do a little housework, crash for an exhausted nap, maybe go back to work to finish some more things (and by the way, get paid diddly-squat) or maybe get to sit around and read a book. My pups hardly get to see me. I hardly get to see myself!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, I was going to recommend some good books I've read before I got on that rant :P

For classics I really like 'Main Street' by Sinclair Lewis, and for not-so-classic I would suggest 'A Sudden Country' by Karen Fischer. A lot of people were put off by the writing, but I thought it was beautiful. I thought it was a really touching love story too.