Wednesday, February 13, 2008

unwrapping the person beneath.

this week i got a big mental slap in the face from myself. i'm not living the way i feel i should and i'm getting pretty tired of it. my biggest problem? food. i love food, but it's not always good (for me) food. candy, burritos, chips, chinese food. my aim is more organic foods, more vegtetables and drinking more water. my favorite new foods include: organic tuna sandwiches with low fat crackers! dried mango slices! and organic herb salad with organic red wine and olive oil dressing! soooo good!

oh, and my embarrasing tidbit of the day? at work with my co-workers i was deciding which piece of candy to eat, a lifesaver mint or a fruity candy cane with winnie the pooh wrapper. so i voiced my decision saying... "i'll eat pooh."

nice going jenn. there's another reason to not eat candy.

7 comments:

Mrs. Ham said...

Was the fruity candy "pooh" cane from Christmas? Did they laugh?
I've been thinking the same thing lately. Especially with regards to pizza (I'm so addicted). Just because I can eat 5 pieces and not feel stuffed probably doesn't mean I should.
I had an embarrassing moment at work too. It involves one pink bike, me of course, a coworker (she who shall not be named), and laughter so loud, so soul piercing, so esteem crushing, that I contemplated selling it.

Val. said...

hahahaha

Lauren S. said...

ha ha! funny.

the salad sounds great. i'm pretty much addicted to water. i started drinking lots of water when i was 18 or 19, and now, almost ten years later, i am still hooked. i seriously get nervous when i don't have a water bottle or source of water near by. and i guzzle it. jason makes fun of me. i drink it room temp and pour it down the hatch. ok that was a lot of silly info no one ever needs to know. sorry.

jenny baker said...

oh lauren i wish i were more like you! i have such a hard time remembering to drink water. i try and drink at least two cups a tea a day because well, tea IS 95% water.

Val. said...

just so you know, your brother and sister cheat a little and use those little single packs of crystal light or propel. :) believe me, water gets drunk sooo much faster.

Xenia Kathryn said...

Real change happens incrementally. Looks like your off to a good start by finding good foods that you favor.

If you want any sweet-tooth remedies...
I get a dark chocolate bar at Trader Joe's and I eat it slowly over a 1-2 week period. :)

Anonymous said...

Grandma got in trouble with the doctor for not drinking ANY water ...she was so dehydrated and it gets so dry in the valley, especially in the winter when it's cold and ppl don't get out much.

Anyway, her sticky phlegm throat problem is almost gone now that she drinks 2 qts a day. :)