Wednesday, June 4, 2008

a cloudy high.

i did NOT want to come to work today. i had decided this last night, today was to be my catch-up day on housework and errands. i was only going to work today if the IT department requested me, and guess what? they did all right. oooooooh! i had plans, dangit! i was going to give joey a tea tree oil bath because he's so itchy from shedding so much. i was going to go out and run in the morning and start my day all energized. i was going to pick up my paycheck and deposit it at the bank. i was going to water and prune my plants and perhaps transplant my unchangeable avocado seeds into pots. i was going to vacuum and sweep the floors, wash the clothes and maybe try to tackle organizing the pantry. i was actually looking forward to all this!

these days i have to try and work as much as i can though because it's the end of the school year. once the schools close for the summer there won't be a lot of work for substitutes and there's such a competition for the jobs left. so grudgingly, i got out of bed and got ready for work. once i kissed michael goodbye and he pedaled out the door, i was determinded to be in a bad mood today. not a mean spirited mood, just a bad one. this didn't last long however because once i walked out to my car with my coffee and noticed how cloudy it was, it started to sprinkle on my head. funny how a cloudy chilly morning would make most people groan, but instead it cheers me up. there's just something about cloudy chilly mornings, they make me wish i had kids that i could walk to school and we could jump in the puddles along the way with our boots. (i daydream a lot) i couldn't help but smile at the misty rain today. so, maybe today will turn out to be an okay day after all. maybe i'll finally get my day off, tomorrow. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right now I'm wishing for hot, sunny weather, but some of my favorite weather is misty rain. Especially when I'm going home for a visit and it's misting on Highway 26. Then I daydream about living in a little house in the woods near the ocean and sitting all comfy in front of my woodstove, with nothing to do but read a good book :)

Mrs. Ham said...

Did it turn out okay? :)

erin* said...

The weather today was funky...I didn't really know what to make of it. I am glad that you made something good out of it. :)

Val. said...

cute posty. i loved the weather today but was tired and just wanted to sleep all day --i didn't, but I wasnt' very productive either...perhaps tomorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

give the avocado some more time! It's a tree not a flower.

love, Mom ><>