Tuesday, June 17, 2008

my bud-dies?



FAIL!

i don't know what it is about these little gardenia buds but they're suuuure taking their time. i haven't updated their progress since the first week of may because none of the buds have bloomed. sigh... i've been mindful of my watering and i've been checking my gardenia daily, and yet. they. tease. sorry if i seem a little impatient... but i'm still waiting to see the beautiful little blooms that my gardenia has promised me for the last five weeks now.

hopefully i can give another update soon... :(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could try bringing it inside? I read that gardenias like temperatures below 70 during the day and above 60 at night, and that they can fail to flower if temperatures aren't right.

Then again, who am I to give advice? I had a lilac that didn't flower for YEARS, then bloomed last year and again failed to this year. Plants. They are stubborn.

Lauren S. said...

yup could be too hot.

my mom's is blooming now, but it's an older, more established plant, and you know its been scorchin' here.

like the previous girl, however, i should not be givin advice because i have killed many a hardy plant.

jenny baker said...

i've decided to place the gardenia in the shade around noon as it starts to heat up. i don't know if i'll take it inside, i think it would prefer outdoors though because it's brighter. we'll see if that changes anything, if not then i think i might try to bring it indoors. thanks for your advice ladies!

sherry said...

Oh, they're so famous for being temperamental. I hope you find ways to make it happy! I would try to grow a gardenia, but I'm sure I would fail.

My purple Columbine finally bloomed this year, which made me smile. Columbine has a reputation for being "extremely robust." Ha. It's the only flower I can't seem to satisfy.

b said...

they do kind of come up out of no where sometimes.