Monday, August 11, 2008

bee happy!



summer is my least favorite season, august is my least favorite month, (ESPECIALLY in california) and wasps are the worst of all. wasps and hornets are BY FAR the most annoying thing about summer. everytime i venture outside, i always have to dodge them as they buzz around my head, reminding me how dangerous they are. they chase my dog. they build their nests on my porch. so i kill them AND their spawn with my insect spray. (actually, michael kills them because i'm too afraid and he's the better aim with deadly sprays.)

i like bees, especially bumbling ones. they're hard workers and make me honey. they could care less about us really, unless you mess with their flowers or disturb their hive. then they get mad. that's understandable, they simply have pride of ownership. i can respect that. at least they're not bullies.

speaking of bees, try burt's bees. i used to buy their lotions and chapstick all the time when i lived in oregon. i bought their pomegranate lip balm last week and loved it better than the original. also, yesterday maria bought me their mama bee belly butter and it's great. (thanks again maria!)

burt's are my favorite bees, and they're harmless.

6 comments:

erin* said...

I love Burt's Bees! I use their shampoo, and it's my favorite shampoo I have ever used. I really love their products, especially the milk and honey lotion. It makes me smell yummy!

Val. said...

loved your transitions...
wasps: grr!
bees: nice but sometimes grr!
bert's bees: oh so nice!

Anonymous said...

"i like bees, especially bumbling ones."

:)

bumbling bees are soo funny.

Love, Ma

Anonymous said...

I found your blog via my sister (Xenia's) blog, and I am an old college friend of your brother's (Don't know if you remember me...)

Anyway...I love your blog. I can totally relate to it, especially as I am also newly married, pregnant, and a NW transplant to sunny California.

Your blog about Panda Express was awesome, I totally had days like that in my first trimester. It was pretty miserable, but things are much better now.

Just yesterday, I was at a church BBQ and was pondering on the hatred I have for wasps and yellow jackets...I almost let them ruin my whole evening (they are so annoying).

Enough blabbing....just wanted to drop a note to let you know I appreciate your blog!

Christy (Russo) Sumerfield

Mrs. Ham said...

Your blog made me think of that song..."Don't worry, about a thing, because every little thing is going to be alright."...You know it? I'm told that I (yes I...ironic isn't it???!!!) used to sing that everyday when I was a toddler. "Don woey, eeee happy...mumbling...ite" (That's how it sounded) I probably had to tell myself that because subconsciously I was freaked out from watching ET everyday of my life. Who knows? I think I should get into the habit of singing it again though!!

b said...

i love that chapstick! my mom got me a lifetime supply of it for chirstmas!