Tuesday, August 26, 2008

it's wedding season!

michael and i have a busy weekend coming up! we're invited to two weddings, my cousin tara's is on saturday and our friends matt and teri are getting married on sunday. (i love weddings. :) they always make me think of my own wedding and then i get those warm fuzzies and a giddy grin.) strangely enough, we were completely free of weddings all summer until we got hit with two in the same weekend. so yes, quite a busy weekend for us with my parents flying in on friday and everyone driving to santa barbara county for the first wedding, quickly saying our "goodbyes" and driving back south in time for the second wedding. at least i won't have to worry about dinner for a few days, hmm... chicken or steak?

to save time (and energy!) i've decided to break fashion laws and wear the same dress for both weddings. gotta love the little black dress, very versatile. i was happy to have found an amazing clutch at H&M a few weeks ago, and if i may say so, "it's so totally me" in clutch-form. i thought it would be a little more dressy than one of my baggy purses. i never thought i was a clutch person, the lack of a strap made me think it would be too easy to forget somewhere, but now i'm happy to say i'm "clutch-reformed." :) since my parents are going to be in town, i hope to remember to take pictures this time. i always remember to bring my camera, just always forget to actually use it. sheesh.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Very nice! Good shopping.

I love weddings. I love cake :)

Anonymous said...

You will look adorable! And yes, please, lots of pictures!

Love Ya,
Mom Baker

Val. said...

ya know, I was just thinking the other day I needed a clutch for the wedding, but target only had pooey ones. apparently I'll be unfashionable with my cassettes clutch, be more homemade looking than the posh jenny...ah well, one of us has to be awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

That clutch IS you! If we were still teenagers though, it would have had to have stickers all over it first, lol.

Jasper's cousin is getting married in a couple weeks ... I guess I better go dress shopping too :P

Lauren S. said...

oooh cute! very very adorable. i'm on a search and destroy mission today to find an appropriate wrap or sweater to wear over my dress for matt and teri's wedding. shopping with james totally sucks though. hannah's not so bad, but james shows me no shopping love...AAARGH!

anyway, i'm so excited for the super fun wedding too! (it's even a little more romantic for me because have i told you it's at the same place jason and i had our wedding and reception just five charmed years ago? awww.)and i may just have to keep my eyes open for a pretty clutch too! :)

see ya there and have fun at wedding #1 this weekend!