Tuesday, April 1, 2008

a fool for april.

rain is in the forecast for this mid-week and (hopefully) bountiful flowers will soon follow. (i'm such a sucker for spring, i gotta tell you.) thankfully michael is on spring break from work this week, and i say thankfully only because the poor guy has three papers due this week for school. unfortunately for me it makes waking up for work in the morning even harder. all i want to do is cuddle my warm puppy and husband, quietly snuggled in their bed, especially when it's raining outside. but, i'm hoping to take friday off so we can take a trip down to san diego for a baseball game. we haven't gone for a trip in awhile so it sounds great to escape for a day (or two?)

i'm to the point where i'm itching to start my spring cleaning. i'm embarrassed by the amount of things in my closet i have no use for anymore, or ever. i'm also embarrassed by my current method of organizing my closet, or lack of. i cringe at the thought of disturbing the fragile balance of the clothing of my storage bins, mostly because there are more clothes outside of the bins than inside, (thus totally making the nature of the bins debatable.) i'm actually so embarrassed, i keep my closet closed to keep my dear husband from knowing what an absolute pig is dear wife really is, (he's too sweet to say anything though.) i plan to declutter the closets (linen closet included, ugh) the bathroom cabinets and clean the refrigerator by (some point mid-way into) this month. let's just hope that by posting my intentions publicly, it will boost my ambition.

perhaps next month i will tackle the pantry, which actually doesn't house any food (except for my grandma's homemade apricot jam!) but instead is a cardboard breeding ground for lonely boxes looking to hold random crap no one cares about.

by the way, does anyone know of any eco-friendly air fresheners? i found one at trader joe's but it was only like 4 ounces. i know lavender is good in sachets, but i'm looking for an air spray to use in the closets. i'm also very eager to switch completely over to green cleaners and i think this is a perfect opportunity to do so. i would also love to find some nice storage baskets to replace the cardboard boxes too. i'm thinking target or ross might have some for cheap.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know of any eco-friendly areosols. I think the one negats the other, but I couldn't tell you for certain — I live in a backwater town you know. I do know that if you get blocks or pieces of cedar and put them in your closet everything will smell great. And it also purportedly keeps moths away, although I don't know if that's a problem people face anymore.

Val. said...

okay 1) half that apricot jam is mine. I had to lie to grandma when she asked me how I liked the last bunch. "....um....oh yes gramma, it was yummy."

2) I know baking powder is an odor neutralizer, not just a cover-upper. Sprinkle it on your carpets a few minutes (or longer) before vacuuming, also works well on pillows that don't like to go in the wash. get something to shake it out (instead of default orange cardboard box) and it can also be thrown in the air. dunno if dropping essential oils in there would work well, haven't tried that yet.

Also I've heard sticking those laundry dryer sheets against air vents may help. For me here, having windows open constantly, helps with the depron foam fumes.

Anonymous said...

http://www.outletnutrition.com/013214008175.html

It's an orange oil extract. The cans are small but you don't need very much. Citrus is a cleansing smell. Throw some peels in the garbage disposal. :p

Love, Mom ><>

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lauren S. said...

i do use those method sprays. i *think* they are not too bad, environementally speaking.