Monday, April 14, 2008

glenhurst street.

okay, so who else is annoyed that i can't stop blogging about houses? i'm sorry if i have endless thoughts of houses, or that i google them all day at work, and mapquest them. i'm so infected with house thoughts i even dream of them. i have addresses scribbled on little post-its stuck to my desk and crumpled in my purse. i update my parents of each new possible house via email and phone calls. i have our realtor on speed-dial. OMG. i hope relief will come to me (and you) after we actually buy a house, and by then most of my blogging will consist of gardening, cleaning or cooking (or pictures of me gardening, cleaning or cooking) in the new house. this is what i hope anyway...

in the meantime, here is another possibility:


you must be wondering about the southern place house. well, we went to see it and we loved it. LOVED IT PASSIONATELY, (or as passionately as one can love a house) but the house came with expensive property taxes. we had to say no, it just wasn't worth so much a month. however, my (wonderful!) inlaws found this house on sunday while driving around and have kept the hope alive! it has 3 bedrooms/2 bathrooms, fireplace, large lot (6,969 sq) and a remodeled kitchen. i'll admit that it's not as new and shiny as the southern place home, but that's nothing some elbow grease or paint can't fix. sorry, only one picture to share but i've made an appointment with our realtor today to go see it and i'll try to remember to bring my camera.

6 comments:

Val. said...

i like this house lots jenn, keep the bloggies coming. :)

...too bad the hurst is called Glen and not Laurel, eh? ;)

Anonymous said...

Did you see the Glenhurst one today? Just curious.

Love ya,

Julie

Xenia Kathryn said...

You just never know when "the one" will appear. I remember being so tired of looking at houses. I was scheduled to go to a "Moms Night Out" dinner with some ladies from church one night. Our realtor wanted to show us some houses in N-berg. I was not too thrilled about the prospects, but I knew that I just had to go, if for no other reason than to "cross them off the list." And whaddya you know? We found "the one", which turned out to be much better in person than it was in the photos. In fact, both Steve and I thought it was kind of a joke at first. It's so funny how that works sometimes.

Like I've said before, all of your tireless work (and yes, obsessing) will undoubtedly pay off.

Mimi said...

Good luck!

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.